4.7 Names of objects
Naming objects in R is quite flexible. However, there are a few rules and good practices to consider:
- Object names are case sensitive: object MyObject is not the same as myobject
- They can contains both numbers or letters but should START with a letter, e.g. 2myobject is not a valid object name.
- You can use underscores. Other special characters should be avoided.
- Avoid using function names as object names (we will learn about functions next).
- Create the object myfirstobject, that contains the value 762.
- Create mysecondobject, that contains the value 80.
- Create mythirdobject , that contains the subtraction of mysecondobject from myfirstobject.